Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 11


Woo-hoo! I'm over halfway through The 21-Day Sugar Detox!  I'm starting to believe that this regimen is not so hard to follow on a long term basis.  While I'm happy I'll be able to add some foods back when I'm done, I have the confidence of knowing I can do it slowly and carefully.

The easing of my gastrointestinal symptoms is reason enough to adopt a more constrictive eating plan. I haven't suffered from the gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation that was a daily occurrence. I'm also quite confident the ulcer in my stomach has disappeared. The burning sensation in my belly is a thing of the past. I plan on getting another endoscopy in a couple of months to prove it.

Oh, and another huge plus is that my hair loss has slowed to an almost normal range. Now, I know it's the result of the combination of remedies I'm treating myself with; but, I know my diet is part of the cure.

Today, hunger was not an issue. As usual, I fasted until 2 PM, when I ate two of the chicken legs I prepared last night, raw cucumber sticks, and half an avocado wrapped in a slice of bacon. I peeled the cucumber, because I read in my research that sometimes microscopic mold can grow on the skin, inside the fridge. Since I'm on a mold-free plan due to my Candida, I thought it was best not to take the chance.

This afternoon, I did have a headache. I just worked through it, figuring I am still dealing with "die off" symptoms. Eventually, it cleared. I've been taking two drops of Oil of Oregano under my tongue for the past couple of days. It's supposed to be very effective in treating Candida and a myriad of other ailments. It seems to be doing something because the "die off" symptoms have increased. If you ever try it, be prepared for the mouth burn! The first time I placed the drops under my tongue, the burning sensation was almost unbearable. The next time, I was more careful! I left my mouth open and kept my tongue up. This way, the air could cool it down.  I read it could be rubbed under the feet to work just as well. I may try that at a later time.

For dinner, I cooked a Braised Lamb Shank, served with Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice and Vegetable Gravy.  By far, this was best dinner yet! I ate the lamb in true caveman style, bone-in. After braising for three hours, the lamb was just falling off the bone. Who says you can't have a great meal with autoimmune modifications?

Now, don't get me wrong.  It's not like all my symptoms have all disappeared.  I'm still breaking out with a zit here and there. And, my worst rash is still on the mend. Obviously, when we are suffering from autoimmune disease or other harsh illnesses, 11 days is not long enough to cure all that ails us.  But, at least I'm working on healing myself.  The fact that I notice improvement at all is proof I'm on the right track.  Rather than covering up my symptoms with pharmaceuticals, I'm curing my disease. That takes time and sacrifice. I know I'll come out ahead in the end!

As always, if I can help you, let me know! Tmoperillo@gmail.com
All questions you submit via email are kept strictly confidential.

Goodnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment