Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 14


What a glorious Sunday! I slept amazingly well last night. And, since I attended church yesterday, I got to sleep in. It was beautiful! It's also helpful that I felt pretty darn good today. The aches and pains that usually fill my day were at an all time low. I felt better than I have in years. I'm so glad I started this detox! It's certainly one of the best decisions I've made.

On a side note, that has nothing to do with my detox. My little nephew, Grayson, was baptized today.

Unfortunately, the christening was in Louisiana. So, I couldn't be there. But, isn't he precious?

Okay, back to The 21-Day Sugar Detox. I really didn't get hungry at all today. For lunch, I ate leftover Cajun Dirty "Rice".  Typically, we eat dinner at 6 PM. I wasn't hungry at dinner time; so I cooked a very small amount of food. I sauted bok choy, slices of beef, and red onion with zucchini noodles. For flavor, I added Coconut Aminos, lime juice, and a dash of Fish Sauce. I would have loved to add some toasted sesame seeds; but, no seeds for me. Avocado with a little salt and black pepper served as my side dish.

The rest of my night was, frankly, spent pampering myself. I deep conditioned my hair with Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, and Organic Rosemary Essential Oil. Then, I washed my hair with my no poo method. It seems so many people have an opinion about the no poo method, especially people who have never tried it. All I know is before I used it, my hair was falling out by handfuls. After I started using it, my hair stopped falling out. I'm sticking with it! It's uplifting for me to see my hair growing back. I'm not giving that up!

So, now I'm sitting here, writing this blog, all relaxed and clean. I feel great today. I am really happy I chose this detox. As rough as it's been some days, if I can feel like this for more days, it will all be worth it. I can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow.

If you are also doing a detox, drop me a comment to let me know how your day went.  I can only hope you felt as good as I did. If not, hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Until tomorrow, have an awesome night!


No comments:

Post a Comment