Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 15

It's a Monday. But, it's also a national holiday! I decided to take the day off.  It's kind of weird to take a day off when you work for yourself. I guess I could have felt guilty, if I didn't have so much to do. You see, along with eliminating foods from my diet, I'm also eliminating clutter from my life. Last week, I started with cleaning out my workroom.  When I was done, I had bags of donations for my local charity. My workroom was organized, which lessened my stress. Today, I tackled my closet.

I toiled for hours, purging the contents of my closet. I tried on every pair of pants, jeans and skirt. If it didn't fit, I chucked it. Since eliminating grains from my diet, I've lost 20 pounds. I am now back to the weight I was before this lupus flare began. This is a clear sign that I am healing. Inflammation causes weight gain. That's a fact. Five more bags of donations is what I had once I was done, and a feeling of accomplishment.

Believe me, things aren't always glamorous here at home. Today's lunch was a can of sardines and an avocado with a squeeze of lime. Exciting, I know.

Once my gourmet lunch was eaten, I needed to fill some of my herbal capsules. I was running low on my Tumeric and Cat's Claw capsules. I like to make my own because that way I know exactly what goes into them, pure, organic herbs. I always order my herbs from www.mountainroseherbs.com or www.hearbalhealeracademy.com. I've done business with them both for over 15 years.

I guess I was craving fish because I baked cod for dinner. I placed the cod filet in a Parchment Bags with some fresh spinach. I made my approved version of fish and chips by baking some zucchini chips on the side. I probably could have coated the fish with coconut flour. But, while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox, I'm trying to stay away from all flours. No, let me correct that. I am staying away from all flour. I love breaded foods! I think it's better for me to try to break all cravings NOW.


All in all, today was a good day. I'm thinking things should continue to get better for the next 6 days. Don't get me wrong. I can't wait until next Monday! In fact, I've already decided which foods I will be adding back immediately. Bananas, almonds, chocolate, and egg yolks will be the first foods I enjoy. I understand that I need to add foods back slowly. But, bananas are not very high on the inflammatory list.mi think I'm safe with that one. The other three I have to be more careful. So, I'll be sure to start with a teeny amount. I think that after this 21 days, I deserve a little treat. It's going to happen, yep.

Purging your life of clutter is part of healing. I believe it's good for your soul. Ridding your life of junk, whether it be foods, clothes, negative thoughts, or destructive people, can be healing for your body, mind, and soul. If you need help getting started, I offer my help to you. You can do this. Comment below or email me privately. I'm here to help. Email: tmoperillo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment