Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Can You Get Anti-Aging Results From Natural Skincare?


I have to be totally honest with you.  When I first found out I was going to have to give up my name-brand, anti-aging skincare, and replace them with non-toxic, natural products, I was nervous.  I had spent years finding the best, most reliable products to keep time from waging it’s war on my face.  Were these all natural products going to pack the power I needed?

But were these chemical-laden products really doing their job?  Or, was it just a perception in my head, based on the company’s advertising?  I decided to put them to the test.  I took a good, hard look at my 44 year old face in the mirror.   What did I see?  Well, I saw freckles from sun damage, blackheads, discoloration from vitiligo, inflammation from my lupus rash, and sagging skin along my jowls.  It sure didn’t seem to me that these so-called anti-aging products were doing their job.  By comparing myself to others in my age range, I had assumed my products were working.  In reality, I don’t think they were doing much at all.

This realization made the transition to all natural much easier for me.  I combed through Pinterest, looking for green beauty DIY recipes and resources for natural products.  I ordered Liz Wolfe’s ebook, SkinterventionGuide.  I researched every product recommended to me on the EWG website, Skin Deep, to be sure they were all as non-toxic as they said they were.  They were.

The next step was to amass the various oils, foods (yes, I said foods), waxes, ready-made products,and  oddities, I would need.  I ordered most items online at Amazon and Mountainroseherbs.com.  Once I received all of my loot, I spent the day in my kitchen, creating my new, anti-aging, all natural skincare products.  Some products, such as baking soda and honey, did not need to be transformed.  But, I put them in pretty glass jars, to make them look fancier.  That night, I began my green skincare routine.  I haven’t looked back since.

In six month’s time, I have completely turned my skin around, for the better.  My lupus rash is gone, gone, gone!  I still have a few freckles; but, they are much lighter.  My vitiligo patches are now blended into my skintone. I have no more blackheads; and, the skin along my jowls is much firmer.  My skin is more youthful and glowing than it has ever been.  And, I’m going to be 45 this year!



Can you get Anti-Aging results from natural skincare?  You bet,you can!
If you’re looking to make the switch to natural skincare, I highly recommend Liz Wolfe’s, Skintervention Guide.  It’s filled with great information on skincare, haircare, and nutrition.  You can find everything you need to make the transition.

If you’re not the DIY kind of person, I recommend my all natural Orange I Beautiful Anti-Aging Vitamin C Toner and Serum.  These products have been formulated and tweaked to provide the results I demanded of my products. You can purchase each product separately or together in a discounted set.  I priced them at the low, introductory price of $7.99 for the toner, $24.99 for the serum, and $19.99 for the set.



My Skincare Routine

Morning:

Rinse face with warm water.  Place a dollop of Organic Honey in one hand.  Rub hands together to warm honey. Spread on face. Let sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute.  Rinse.  Pat dry.

Sweep cotton ball soaked with Orange I Beautiful Toner over face.

Apply two drops Orange I Beautiful Serum to face in upward strokes. Then, I apply 1 drop to neck and jawline.

Apply sunscreen.  I like this one.
All Natural Organic Ayurvedic Mineral SPF30 Sunscreen Sun Block Child Safe

Before putting on makeup, apply two drops pure argan oil to face. I like this one.
Pura D'or Pure and Organic Argan Oil, Brown and Gold, 4 Fluid Ounce

Night:

Oil Cleanse, using Jojoba oil first, to remove makeup.  Then, I use a mixture of castor oil and almond oil to treat.

Sweep cotton ball soaked with diluted apple cider vinegar over face.

Apply two drops Orange I Beautiful Serum to face in upward strokes. Then, apply 1 drop to neck and jawline.

Apply Vintage Tradition tallow Body Balm to face and neck.

So, if you’re thinking of making the transition to non-toxic, natural skincare, but, are afraid of the results, take a good hard look in the mirror.  Are your products really doing a good job?  Don’t you think your skin would look better with natural products that actually HEAL your skin?
I’m so glad I made the switch.

Until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment