Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 10


Only a half hour left of day 10 of The 21-Day Sugar Detox. This morning was a rough one. I awoke around 5 AM, sopping wet. I was sweating profusely! I was also nauseous. I got out of bed to cool myself down. I walked to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. I, then, walked back to bed and got under the covers. Luckily, I was able to drift back to sleep.

When I awoke at 8:30, it was as if nothing had occurred. I felt fine. Weird! I figured it could be "die off" symptoms from my Candida treatments. Or, maybe, it is part of the detox. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

Today, I had a few errands to run, including dropping off my donation at The Home of the Sparrow. I unloaded six big bags of stuff as donations. Then, I did a little shopping. I picked up some really cute scarves and a maroon crochet shawl.

I finished up my errands at 1 PM. After putting away my purchases and starting a load of laundry, I made a quick lunch. Pig in a lettuce blanket is what I called it. Two slices of ham, one slice of bacon and a little mustard on two lettuce leaves. So good!

 Pig in a Lettuce Blanket

After lunch, I answered some emails, finished laundry, and starting preparing for dinner. We were eating early because my husband had a meeting to attend at 6:30 PM. I prepped everything; so, I could just pop it in the oven when I was ready.

I did have a headache for awhile this afternoon. I know this is definitely a symptom of Candida "die off". I can only believe that combined with my natural treatments, this detox is working to kill my Candida.  That is wonderful news!

At 4:30, I tossed my Chicken with Artichokes and Olives into the oven. The recipe is from The 21-Day Sugar Detox. I chopped the cucumbers and avocado for our salad. At 5:30, all was cooked, plated, and ready to eat. The Chicken was really good. You have to really like olives in order to enjoy it. It's very briny.

After dinner, I actually took time to watch a couple of TV shows I really like. Usually, I'm working while they play in the background. Tonight, I sat back and enjoyed them. Of course, that could be why I'm blogging at midnight!

Tomorrow, I will be halfway done with the detox. I'm kind of excited about making this far. It's been up and down over the last ten days. But, I feel as though things are happening inside me. I feel like I'm in the process of healing!

As always, if you have questions, email me or leave in the comments below. I'd be happy to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment