Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 17

Today was not one of my best days. It may have had more to do with the fact that I had to wake up at 6:30 AM, than the detox. As you know, if you've been reading this blog, I don't particularly like to wake up early. I'm not quite sure why; but, my rashes were more active today. It could be I'm still purging toxins from my body. I'm unsure how long it's going to actually take to completely detox.

In addition to the rashes, I also felt dizzy a few times. I had a bit of nasal congestion. So, the dizziness could have come from that. My energy level was good. I made it through an early morning meeting to a night RE class full of fourth graders.

I meant to take a photo of my breakfast at the restaurant today; but, I forgot. I had bacon, ham and avocado. I was full half way through.  I only ate half of the food on my plate. I'm not much for breakfast, as you know.

The weather here certainly didn't help my blahdom. Yes, I just created that word. It's been snowing all day, again. Plus, the temperature is in single digits, with a windchill of below zero. This has been a horrible winter of below average temps and tons of snow.  While I like looking at the snow, I hate driving in it. I'm so over it!

I guess I better get used to good days and bad days. I have a feeling it's going to be a long, arduous process.  In order to heal, I'm going to have to destroy the diseases and then rebuild my body all over again. I'm up for it. I'm entitled to be bummed about it once in a while. It took years of misdiagnosis and mistreatment to get to where I am. It will take some time to recover.

Because of my class tonight, I chose to eat dinner early, at 5:00 PM.  I reheated the chicken breast I baked last night, and served it with leftover brussel sprouts from a couple of days ago. I had stuffed the chicken breast with red onion, garlic, spinach, and calamata olives. The flavors had intensified overnight. It was amazing!  Even the brussel sprouts were tastier.

After dinner, I headed out to teach my class. When my students complained about being tired, I just chuckled. One of my students brought some goldfish crackers to share with the class. Once I had divided up the crackers to all the students, one asked why I didn't have any.  I simply stated that I didn't eat gluten or grains. Then, one asked if I was allergic.  I nodded my head. "That stinks!" was the general consensus in the room.  "It's not so bad," I replied. They were blown away. I was thankful none of them had had to worry about food allergies. 

Now, I'm home.  Soon, I'll head to bed.  It's been a long day. I'll make a nice, hot cup of Gaia Rest & Relax tea to warm my chilled bones.  Only four days to go!

Email: tmoperillo@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment