Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 2


Well, I'm wrapping up day two of The 21-Day Sugar Detox. My day started off pretty much the same as yesterday. Same coffee and same breakfast (except the bone broth was turkey, not beef). I really didn't notice a difference in how I felt. I just felt healthy.

I went about my business as usual. I did my chores, worked on my website, answered emails, and worked on my speech for tomorrow morning's meeting. I did not get a headache today. That was good.

At about 1 PM, I made lunch, an arugula, sardine, cucumber and olive salad with a tiny splash of Balsamic Vinegar . I drank a cup of Peppermint tea as well.
 My lunch salad- yum!

After lunch, it was time for more chores, including shoveling snow from my front door. Earlier today, I could barely open the door when the UPS guy delivered my Ox Bile tablets (I don't have my gallbladder  due to a birth defect; so, I have to supplement to digest fats.).  Off I went to bring our garbage can and recycling bin to the curb. I was completely bundled from head to toe, due to the fact that it was 7 below zero (without the windchill) in my neck of Illinois today. I shoveled our front stoop and the entrance to our garage. By the time I walked back inside, my hands were burning. My hands were bright red! I hurried to warm them. Luckily, the feeling returned to them and eventually the redness faded. Next time, I'll have to wear two pairs of gloves.  By the way, the shoveling counted as my workout today.

Soon, it was time to cook dinner. I decided to cook the Shepherd's Pie recipe from The 21-Day Sugar Detox book.  Of course, I had to tweak it because I don't eat cooked carrots or green peas (yucky). I added 1/2 an onion and a handful of kale instead. I would have loved to throw some mushrooms in there. But, I can have NO fungus among us! I served up my Shepherd's Pie with 1/2 an avocado, with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar (for digestion aid), sea salt and black pepper. It was pretty tasty!
 Shepherd's Pie- Paleo style

Once dinner was eaten and dishes were done, I settled into my sofa, with my cup of coffee, to write this blog. I really didn't notice any cravings today, other than the one I'm having right now for some dairy and stevia in my coffee. I'm not sure I'll be able to move past that change.  I feel pretty good, though. I'm not feeling any hunger or brain fog (any more than usual, that is). My stomach feels so much better, however. I haven't had any of the pain, bloating or gas that has plagued me in the past. I can only figure the further I go, the better I'll feel!

Tomorrow will be a busy one! I have a presentation to give early tomorrow morning, followed by breakfast (IN A RESTAURANT!). I already looked up the menu online; so, I'm prepared to order off the ala carte menu. Yes, I'll have the bacon, with a side of.....well, bacon. Should be interesting.  Then, it's time to do chores and prepare for my Religious Education class at 6 PM. I won't be home until late tomorrow night. So, I have to prepare my dinner beforehand.

On to day three! I'll be reporting back to you how tomorrow goes. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email me or leave it in a comment. I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment