Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 8

Well, I'm winding down day 8 of The 21-Day Sugar Detox! I cannot possibly describe the total mental clarity I'm experiencing. It's as if my brain has been sparked into life. I kinda feel like Frankenstein's monster, only not so big and green. My skin is also clearing up quickly.  I can actually feel and see the detox working! Even my coffee is starting to become more flavorful! And, weirdly, my eyes even seem to see more clearly. I look at things; and, they seem so sharp. I told you it was weird.

Instead of going through my day, in some sort of timeline, I'm going to let you know what foods I ate at which meals. I'm not going to focus on the fact that I tend to skip breakfast most days. While not right for some people, it works for me. And no one is going to change my mind on that.

With that said, breakfast was coffee. For lunch, I made a tuna salad lettuce wrap. Instead of mayo (can't have eggs), I made an avocado cream. I put an avocado, salt, black pepper, 1tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, and a squeeze of lemon in a bowl. I used an immersion blender to squish it all together. Then I mixed together 1 can tuna, 1 stalk celery ( for crunch), 1 Tbsp capers, and the avocado cream. The mixture was then spooned onto my lettuce leaves. I would have loved to add boiled eggs, pepper sauce, and pickles to the mix; but none are allowed.  Boo, hiss!

It may seem that my lunches are quite large. Remember, I don't typically eat breakfast. So, I can afford to have a larger lunch. The fact is, I lost 2 pounds in my first week on this detox. I really don't need to lose any weight. Otherwise, I may have lost more.

My dinner was a combination of my favorite, chicken legs, and cauliflower rice with onions and bok choy. I'll give the recipes in a future post. I want to focus on the actual detox in this series of posts.

It seems as each day passes, I can see progress happening. I'm still getting some aches and pains. But, I never expected to be healed in 7 days. I know this is just the beginning of a long journey. I plan to stay away from nightshade foods even after the detox is over. But, at least I've started my journey. Have you? What is finally going to motivate you to get better? I'm hoping I can help. By sharing this with you honestly, I hope I can give you the courage to do it yourself.

If you have any questions or need a warrior behind you, email me or leave me a comment below. You don't have to give me your real name. Just put things in motion!
Tmoperillo@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment