Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 6

Tis the end of day 6. And, boy, was it a doozie! I woke up this morning with pain radiating through my hip. For some reason, I was in a very bad mood already. It was the perfect storm. I was hurting, hungry, and cranky. I was in desperate need of coffee.

Although, I'm now used to the new taste of my coffee with Coconut Milk only, it did not hit the spot this morning. I snapped at everyone in my path. No one was safe from the Day 6 detox monster. I decided to dress and begin my housecleaning for the day. As I looked in the mirror while washing my face, I noticed a few more breakouts. That really improved my mood! I also have a resurgence of an old rash on my leg. Great, let's add some itchiness to my already foul mood! All I wanted to do was put on my 70's music and start cleaning.

As the 70's tunes surrounded me, I moved from room to room, dusting, cleaning toilets, scrubbing showers, vacuuming furniture, carpets, and bedding, and mopping floors. By the end, I was dancing, singing, and in a much better mood. The pain in my hip had worked itself out. I felt lighter and less itchy. But, I was still hungry.

I walked to the kitchen to make myself lunch. It was 1:30 PM. I'd missed breakfast again! So, I decided to make lunch worthwhile. I took some leftover zucchini noodles and tossed them in a pan with melted bacon grease. Then, I added two of the bacon strips I cooked last night, cut into pieces. I tossed in one chopped green onion and 1/2 a chopped avocado. Once warmed through, I tossed it into a bowl. May I just say that this is one of the most delicious lunches I have eaten.....EVER! It was so creamy...and bacony...and scrumptious!

After lunch, I set about cleaning the kitchen. Every Saturday, I scrub everything down, polish my stainless appliances, and completely disinfect all surfaces (with all-natural cleaners, of course!). Once my kitchen was sparkling, I folded my third load of laundry and put the fourth,and last, into the dryer.

It was already 5 PM, time to cook dinner. I decided to experiment a bit with my dinner. I took some leftover pork loin, chopped into chunks, and sauted it in bacon grease. I added spaghetti squash, one clove garlic (crushed), 1/2 cup Coconut Milk , and 1 TBSP capers. I also wrapped bunches of asparagus with prosciutto and baked them at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.

My experiment turned out to be quite yummy! I enjoyed it alongside some herbal Melaleuca tea, I brewed earlier while cleaning the kitchen.

After dinner, I decided to just veg and watch a movie, which I did. Thankfully, the movie was pretty boring; so, I was able to get some work done. Upon reflecting on my day, I learned the detox process can be fierce. I really thought I might make it through all 21 days without any issues. Obviously, that is not the case. It's really difficult to tell yourself NO all day long, every day. While it's true I am on the hardest level of The 21-Day Sugar Detox , and I've had to make even more modifications because of my autoimmune disease, I still believe I can see this through to the end. It's only 15 days left....right? But, then comes the hard part of deciding which foods to start adding back first. I think I've already decided on dairy, and then fruit. We'll have to see how I feel when the time comes. Oh, and I forgot eggs.....have to add eggs!

In closing, today was hard. I mean REALLY hard. But, I didn't give up! And, I didn't give in! I hope tomorrow brings a better day. I don't typically work on Sunday; but, I will update this blog. If you are interested in doing The 21-Day Sugar Detox , please fire away with your question either in a comment on this post or email me, tmoperillo@gmail.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment