Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 4

 Zucchini Noodles!

Almost done with day 4 of The 21-Day Sugar Detox! Shockingly, time seems to be flying by. I'm not having any cravings yet. I'm even getting used to my coffee with Coconut Milk only.

Unfortunately, I was up early again this morning. Our neighbor had some work-guy making noise outside. I think the only thing he was working on was waking me up. And, Boho kept barking because she likes to warn us of perceived imminent danger. Needless to say, I was up hours before I wanted to be.

I started off with my usual coffee with Coconut Milk.  After a few minutes of allowing myself to fully awaken, I grabbed my iPad, and answered emails. I, then, dressed and headed out to do chores. I spent the next two hours battling the snow on the roads in my little Fiat, grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, and stopping by my local health food shop to pick up some Pau d'Arco Tea and Geranium Essential Oil (couldn't wait for the delivery that's coming late because of recent bad weather). I was a little hungry while shopping; but, when I returned home, it had disappeared.

Around 1 PM, I ate the rest of the leftover Shepherd's Pie with a green juice made with celery, cucumber, lemon, and ginger.  Since I was already in the kitchen, I decided to whip up some of the oil mixture I use to cleanse my face.

The rest of my afternoon was spent on social media site maintenance, answering emails, and doing research for my clients. At 5:00 PM, I started cooking dinner.  I cooked Mustard Chicken from The 21-Day Sugar Detox and Zucchini noodles with avocado cream sauce from a recipe on my Paleo-A-Go-Go Board on Pinterest. Both were absolutely AMAZING!


I really don't feel as though I'm on a diet! I know it may be a bit easier for me since I had been eating Primal for about a month prior to doing this detox. But, as each day passes, I do find it easier to plan my meals, even with all my restrictions. I can't wait until I start to really feel better. I just keep that in mind!

Well, another day done! I'll be back tomorrow. Until then, stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment