Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 5

 Double Grass-fed Bacon Burger! Yummers!

The end of day 5 is upon me.  Finally, I have a rough day! I was pretty much hungry from the moment I awoke. Problem being, I was too busy to do anything about it. So, I didn't eat or drink breakfast.

I trudged along until about 1:30, when I finally made it to my kitchen to make lunch. I went to the pantry to grab a can of tuna. That's when I saw it.......my dark chocolate candy bar with almonds, dried cranberries and candied ginger! I lingered a little too long, staring at it. The inner dialog began, "One small square won't hurt you. Touch that chocolate and I'll smack you! It's just one tiny piece!". I quickly shut the pantry door!

Thinking it was best if I stayed away from the pantry, I dove into the fridge to see what I could find. Thankfully, I had leftovers from last night's dinner. I pulled out a chicken thigh, the avocado cream sauce, two celery stalks, and three lettuce leaves. I shredded the chicken into a bowl, chopped the celery, and mixed in the avocado cream sauce. Walla....chicken salad! I scooped the salad into the lettuce cups, grabbed my Rose Hip Tea, and sat down at the kitchen table to eat.

Needless to say, it was amazingly good. I gobbled all three lettuce wraps!  Sated, it was time to go back to work.  I'm not sure if it's caused by the detox or not; but, my eyes are extremely dry today. I also have a couple of breakouts on my forehead. It may simply be part of the detox process.

It's Friday; so, I designated 4 PM as quitting time. Since I usually only take Sunday off, I figured I could give myself a break today. I made a nice, hot cup of Pau D'Arco Herbal Tea and nestled into the couch with Boho.  While watching tv, the dark chocolate candy bar kept creeping back into my head. Every time, I shook the thought out of my mind. Boy, would it sure taste good with this tea! Out! Out! You evil candy!

Finally, at 5 PM, I sauntered into the kitchen to cook dinner. On the menu for tonight....grass-fed beef double burger with bacon, avocado, and mustard...and, zucchini herb fries. I cooked the burgers in Cast Iron Cookware Toaster Oven
. I made sure to make enough for breakfast or lunch tomorrow. I baked the zucchini fries in the oven at 400 degrees.

Once everything was done, I placed the burger patties on top of two butter lettuce leaves and half an avocado. I like the way the hot patties melt into the avocado slices! Then, I topped the patties with two slices bacon, squirted a little mustard, and two lettuce leaves. When I make a big burger like this, I use extra lettuce leaves to make them sturdier.

Wow! Did that dinner hit the spot? You bet it did! I believe the extra fat in the burger patties helped overcome my candy craving. I certainly know what to do next time....have a little fat!

So, other than the sugar craving, breakouts, and dry eyes, all seems okay. I did sleep better last night; so, that's a plus. Until tomorrow, I bid you goodnight and healthy dreams.

Are you also on a detox or elimination regimen? I would love to hear what you're doing and how you're feeling! Please leave a comment below; or email me at tmoperillo@gmail.com . Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment