Search This Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

Results from The 21-Day Sugar Detox


This is me before I went grain free.
 This is NOW!

I lost 5 pounds on The 21-Day Sugar Detox!  So, the results are in.  My total weight loss since going grain free is 21 pounds!  And, that's not even the best part!  The best part is how healthy I feel.  I now have the energy to get through my day without having to take a rest break, or two, or five.  My stomach issues have, for the most part, completely disappeared.  I no longer have to run to the bathroom every time I eat.  I feel AMAZING!

I know today, I could have gone nuts and eaten everything I've been avoiding for the past 21 days.  But, I didn't.  I did enjoy a small square of Dark Chocolate Bar and a banana.  But, other than that, I kept the same diet.  I don't want to go back to the foods that made me feel sick and sluggish.  This paleo regimen is a keeper.  I may go primal on some days and add some raw dairy.  But, that's as far as I'm going to stray.

In case you are just beginning to read my blog, I'll give you a little background.  About six months ago,  after a year of feeling awful, I ended up in Urgent Care and multiple doctors' offices four times in one week.  I had unexplained internal bleeding, my hair was falling out in clumps, walking was painful, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and gurd were everyday occurrences. Oh yea, and, I had hives and rashes all over my face and body.  Several medical test showed a fibroid tumor in my uterus, a stomach ulcer and hiatal hernia, pockets of inflammation in my intestines, small polyps in my colon, gluten intolerance, and finally, lupus.  That's where I drew the line. I decided to forgo further testing.  The doctors wanted to do more testing and start me on a series of drugs which included steroids.  I refused.  In fact, I refused all medical treatment.  I chose to heal myself.

So, as you can see, this detox was just another step in the healing process.  I know there are many more to go.  

I'm going to leave you with a couple more pics. I apologize that they are selfies. I hate doing selfies. But, my husband was working all day and couldn't take them for me.  Also, excuse the fact that I have no makeup on and my hair is a mess.  I've been sewing all day and didn't have time to fix myself up.  I thought about cropping my head out of the photos; but, I thought that would look weird.

If you have any questions, please leave them in comments below or email me.  Tmoperillo@gmail.com
 Look! I have a waist again!
 No more tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment