Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 9

I can't believe it's almost day 10 of The 21-Day Sugar Detox ! The days seem to be passing quickly, now. My cravings are now completely GONE! My skin is clearing. All in all, I'm improving each day that passes.

I think the biggest change is the energy I have when I wake. I pop out of bed each day, ready to take it on. I'm known to be quite the procrastinator. For the last two days, my motto has been, "Let's get it done!". Even my husband has noticed the change. And, you know men; they usually don't notice anything different!

Today, I tackeled cleaning up my workroom. During the holidays, things had gotten out of hand in there! I was busy filling orders, making gifts, and formulating new products. The room was a mess! Well, I flitted around that room like a little cleaning fairy. Finally, at 2 PM, I took a lunch break. I ate two leftover chicken legs from last night's dinner and an arugula, cucumber, and avocado salad. After lunch, it was back to cleaning.

When I was done, my room was organized and clean. Plus, my car was filled with bags for donation I will drop off tomorrow at Home of the Sparrow Resale Shop. They are a great local charity who help homeless families in the area. So, I get a clean workroom; and, I get to help my community! Love it!

On a side note, Boho was having a great time because I found the bag of toys I had bought for her Christmas gifts while cleaning. Before Christmas, I had torn that room apart looking for these darn toys, to no avail. Oh well, at least she had things to play with as I worked.

Surprisingly, I did not get tired all day, even with all the room organizing and regular chores. I sailed right into dinner time with no fatigue. Wow! Now, I'm impressed!

For dinner, I wanted something hardy. Since last week's hamburger was my favorite meal, I decided to cook a variation of the bacon burger. I made an Inside-out Burger!

To make this, I formed a half pound of grass-fed ground beef into two square, thick patties. I then placed them on a metal grill rack atop a Baking Sheet. That way the grease can run off the meat to make sturdier "buns". I put them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. Once cooked, I placed one on a plate, layered bacon, arugula, butter lettuce, and mustard, then, laid the second patty on top. In order to make it easier to eat, I wrapped it in Unbleached Parchment Paper. It was THE BOMB! I don't know if anyone says that anymore; but, the way the flavor burst in my mouth, I had to say it.

On the side, I made a small bowl of Cream of Cauliflower Soup. I basically took the leftover cauliflower rice from last night, warmed it with homemade turkey bone broth and 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk. Then, I used my Immersion blenderto froth it up a bit. And, of course, I crumbled bacon on top. So creamy and delicious!

I realized today that it isn't as difficult as I thought it would be to eat tasty meals with so many restrictions. I mean, seriously, I can't have any grains, fruits, nightshades (eggplant, peppers, tomatoes), nuts (this includes flours, butters, and milks), eggs, sugar, sweetener, and dairy. Basically, I can eat meat, seafood, chicken, and vegetables.  And yet, I've eaten some amazing tasting foods. I guess it's all about working within your limitations.

As each day passes, I feel stronger and healthier. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Need help getting started on your trek to better health? Please, email me or comment below. I would love to help you. Email: tmoperillo@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment