Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 7


Ah, the brain fog has been lifted! I woke this morning with great clarity of mind. For the first time, in a long time, I did not wake up tired. I felt energetic and ready to take on my day. I walked to the kitchen with a spring in my step.

Coffee is much more enjoyable since I'm now accustomed to the new taste.  I felt so good, I decided to make breakfast for my husband and me. I cooked up some bacon in the Toaster Oven, eggs for my hubby, and ham slices. I laid my bacon and ham unto lettuce leaves, added avocado and a squeeze of mustard. I know it seems like I put everything on lettuce leaves! It's because i do! One of my favorite meals, before I went grain free, was sandwiches. I loves me some sandwiches! Using the lettuce leaves makes me feel as though I'm still able to have sandwiches. Changing your eating is all about adapting the way you eat, so you don't feel like you're giving up everything you love.
 Bacon, ham, and avocado wraps!

The rest of my day was spent pretty much as usual. I did notice some joint pain in my hip and hands. I'm pretty sure it's because I ran out of my Glucosamine, Chondrotin, and MSM supplements. My new order hasn't come in yet. I know that there are many people who say natural supplements don't work. I say those people just haven't found the supplement that works for them. The secret, is to find supreme quality supplements with an effective delivery system. I take Melaleuca Vitality Total Packs. I have never, in all my years of taking supplements, found ones that work as well as these. That is the God's honest truth!

Since this is Sunday's post, I will keep it short. I felt much better today. At lunchtime, I really wasn't very hungry. I ate a raw carrot, nothing else.  Of course, because of this, I was starving at dinner time. I cooked myself a big, grass-fed New York strip steak in a Cast Iron Skillet. I love my steak very rare. So, I melted some Ghee in the Skillet, waited for it to get really hot, and placed the steak in it. I let it sit for two minutes, then flipped for another two minutes. I, then, put the entire Skillet in a preheated to 450 degree oven for another two minutes. Upon removing from the oven, I melted a bit of bacon grease onto the steak and let it sit for five minutes. It was perfection! On the side, I served mashed cauliflower made with coconut cream and chives, and a side salad of arugula, avocado, and a splash of Apple cider vinegar. Dinner was amazing!

While this detox is not easy, I am enjoying some pretty terrific food. It's all about making myself feel like I'm not missing too much. The quickest way to make me want something is to tell me I can't have it. I think there are a lot of us out there who feel this way. But, the key to sticking with the plan,is to replace the foods you can't have with yummy foods you can have. And, I believe it's important to make yourself accountable. Like with me blogging about my detox, I'm less likely to quit. I'm accountable not only to myself, but also to you.

Today has shown me that I am getting healthier. My body is working to fix itself. That's all I was looking for, a sign that I was improving. My spirit is renewed!
Questions? Email me tmoperillo@gmail.com or Comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment