Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 16

Wow! Two days in a row of feeling good can really make a person happy. Even though I didn't sleep well last night, I still had enough energy to get through my busy day.  So many times, I wondered if I would ever feel better. I have to say, I'm getting a little nervous to add foods back into my diet in five days. This just reassures me that I'm going to need to take things slow.

I've learned so much over the last sixteen days. Most importantly, I've learned that I can still eat tasty foods with all of my restrictions. I understand I have to live without grains forever. Before I started The 21-Day Sugar Detox , I didn't think that was possible. But, I took this time to learn new recipes to fill my carb cravings. As I wrote in my post from day 1, I didn't really have a sweet tooth. Sugar was not my poison. Pasta, bread, and chips were my downfall.  To find out I couldn't have any of those foods anymore was devastating. Now, I feel okay about it. I know I can make pizza crust from cauliflower, pasta from zucchini or spaghetti squash, and chips from zucchini or sweet potatoes. And they taste great to boot! I get excited about creating new ways to cook my old favorites. If something doesn't taste quite right, it's back to the drawing board.

One of my favorite meals, I've discovered, is lettuce wrap sandwiches. I love them! I love that I can taste all of the ingredients, not just bread. I've learned how to wrap a pretty mean lettuce sandwich.
Lunch today was a roast beef and avocado lettuce wrap. I heated a cup of turkey bone broth on the side to warm me up. It was a cold one today!

That was the last of my bone broth; so, I will be making more on Thursday. I've been saving my chicken bones and freezing them for that occasion. Yum!

This afternoon, I had a bit of a headache. I put two droppers of White Willow Bark tincture in a little water and drank it down. Worked like a charm!

I began cooking dinner early. Since tomorrow is one of my busiest days, I prepared my dinner for that night as well. I won't get home until after 8 PM. I know I won't feel like making dinner then.

Tonight's dinner was Italian Sausage Stuffed Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon, served on a bed of wilted Arugula. Can you say DELICIOUS?

The flavor in this dish was amazing. My butcher makes his Italian Sausage with no sugar, preservatives, or artificial flavors. He only uses the finest meats and herbs. It's the best!

If I can eat this well, I can live on this program forever. I have definitely decided to adopt the primal diet after I finish with this program. I say primal because I would like to incorporate some grass-fed, raw cheeses in my diet. You can't do that with paleo.  However, if I find my body doesn't tolerate dairy, I am prepared to go full paleo. I will be a little sad, though. I heard Nutritional Yeast Seasoning is what vegans use to make foods taste cheesy. I guess I'll have to give that a try. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk. I cross that bridge when I come to it. How many sayings can I fit into this paragraph? Goodness!

So, it's down to the final 5 days of The 21-Day Sugar Detox .  If you're still thinking about starting a detox program, I hope you do it. You could feel better than you have in years! I'm living proof of that fact! Let me encourage you. Why should you spend one more day feeling horrible?

Comment below or email me. I want to know how y'all are doing. 
Tmoperillo@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment