Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 18


Okay, so, I may be a little excited that Sunday will be the last day of The 21-Day Sugar Detox. I was like a kid in a candy store at Trader Joe's today. I bought all of the foods I will be adding into my diet on Monday.  Aah, I'll be able to have bananas, apples, egg yolks, raw cheese, and dark chocolate again.  I'm a little nervous; but, not enough to keep these foods off my list of eats. Of course, if I have a reaction to any, I'm prepared to stop eating them.  Hopefully, that won't happen.

This morning, I felt better than yesterday.  But, this afternoon, I had a bit of a stomach ache and heart palpitations.  I'm starting to think my symptoms over the last two days have more to do with stress than the detox. I tend to freak when I have to drive in snowstorms.  I've had to do that a couple of times this week.  That, combined with my hormone levels being wonky this week, have, I think, caused some symptoms to reappear.  It's amazing what stress can do to our bodies.

I'm quite sure my lunch is not what caused my stomach upset. I had bacon and homemade guacamole in lettuce cups. I've been eating the ingredients throughout my entire detox.  They are all autoimmune and allergy free approved foods.  Then, I thought maybe it was cross-contamination from my husband's foods.  But, I am very careful about using only sanitized utensils and cutting boards. For now, I'm just going to go with the stress theory.

This afternoon, I tried to chill out by working on research.  It must have worked because my stomach cramps and palpitations dissipated.  By dinner time, they were gone.  I went with my old standby for dinner, chicken legs. I baked them Greek style, which is my absolute favorite.  On the side, I cooked Bacon and Butternut Squash Hash.  This was true comfort food, perfect for a chilly night. It was so delicious.

Once this post is done, I plan to continue my relaxation by taking a nice, warm bath with Epsom Salt and Lavender Essential Oil. Epsom Salt is great for detoxifying the body.  I'm not big on baths; but, I try to soak in one a month. It's great for sore muscles and joints, too.

I hope my bad days don't dissuade you from beginning your detox plan.  It's all part of the process. If I was less than honest with you and made it seem like everything was lollipops and rainbows, you would be discouraged when going through it yourself. I'd rather be up front and honest to prepare you for your ups and downs.  And, it's possible you won't have as many downs.  What motivates me are the good days, knowing that many more of those are possible.  When we feel bad every day, for so many years, we tend to forget what feeling good felt like.  These good days remind us of that. And, once you experience them again, you want MORE.  That's what keeps me going! I suspect it's what will keep you going too.

Need motivation? Comment below or email me! Tmoperillo@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone who's been following, commenting, and emailing me!  For those of you already on your detox journey, I pray you are finding your wellness again.  And, for those who want to start your journey, I pray you receive what you need to do so.

Goodnight and God Bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment