Search This Blog

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 13

I made it through another day on The 21-Day Sugar Detox! Thankfully, I slept so much better last night than I did the night before. Unfortunately, I had to wake up really early this morning.  I had to attend a catechist meeting and mini retreat, starting at 8:30 AM.

When I arrived at my meeting,they were setting up the food table. I handed over the breakfast bars I was asked to bring. I, then, chose my seat and set up my area with my special coffee mug and water bottle. There was no way I would let my system be contaminated with their bottled water and flavored coffee of unknown origin. Yep, I have become that girl. Returning to the food table, I examined the spread. I realized, there was not one food I could eat. Not one! Luckily, I'm used to fasting. So, this was no big deal. I went back to my seat and sipped my filtered water.

Normally, I hang around after meetings to chat a bit. Not today. The snow had started falling half an hour ago. I just wanted to get home, get into my sweats, and make something to eat. My little Fiat was covered in snow. After brushing it off, I began the drive home.  The ride was slow going. I HATE driving in snow!

I felt such relief pulling into the garage. I prayed a thank you for God seeing me home safely.  Boho rushed me at the door. I love the way she's so happy to see me, no matter how long I've been gone. I threw all of my things down in a heap, walked to my closet, and slipped into my sweats. After putting away my stuff, I made myself something to eat, a bacon, avocado lettuce wrap.

After lunch, I thought about how I was feeling. It has been weeks since I experienced any gastrointestinal symptoms. My joints are still hurting. But, I think that has more to do with me running out of my joint supplements. My rashes have greatly improved. The butterfly rash on my face is now hardly noticeable. In fact, every one of my symptoms has improved in some way.  Yay for me!

I spent my time before dinner chilling. I read a little, did a crossword puzzle, and viewed pins on Pinterest.

For dinner, I baked Italian Sausage Bagels (one of the pins I found on Pinterest). I couldn't make them exactly like the recipe because of my food restrictions. I made the appropriate changes.

I served them with Arugula and avocado stuffed into them.  I also sauted some slivered brussel sprouts with bacon, red onion, and Balsamic Vinegar.  Dinner tasted wonderful, even with the changes.

I decided to write this blog post immediately after dinner. I really wanted to spend the rest of the night chillaxing. Silver Linings Playbook is on Shotime tonight and I want to watch it again. I really like that movie.

Tomorrow will be a short post. It's Sunday, you know. I don't like to work on Sundays. But, if you need any encouragement, drop me a note either in email or comments.

Enjoy your weekend!



1 comment:

  1. i am on the same day of the detox that you are and found your blog via pinterest. (have been reading since day 2) just wanted to say thanks for your posts. really love seeing what others are eating and it's so encouraging to see how you are being healed by no sugar! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete