Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

The 21-Day Sugar Detox- Day 12

Ugh! What a terrible night's sleep I had! Insomnia, bad dreams, sweating, nausea, and a headache were just some of the suffering I dealt with last night. Needless to say, today I'm totally fatigued. I guess since our bodies typically heal while at rest, mine is just doing what it's supposed to do. Stinks though!

Well, I had to change my housecleaning day to today instead of tomorrow because I have a catechist's retreat to attend. So, exhausted, I move about, doing my chores. I did three loads of laundry and cleaned the entire house, including the oven. By 2 PM, I was done. I fixed myself a little lunch of leftover chicken legs, asparagus, and olives. Quite random, I know. But, today was not the day to argue with myself.

After lunch, I had some work to do for my shop, Boho and Mo. Some of my pieces may be featured on bookcovers.  I'm trying to work out the deal. And, I'm in the process of writing an ebook, which requires a ton of research. Both of these require brain function I may not have today. But, I've got deadlines; so, I have to push through it. Just as I started to make progress, the buzzer for the dryer went off. This is exactly the reason I clean on Saturdays, not workdays. Argh!

Finally, it's time to cook dinner. I really needed some comfort food; so, I decided to try to replicate one of my favorite Cajun dishes, Dirty Rice, paleo style. For the rice, I would use cauliflower rice. I set about cooking it as I normally would.  When it was time to add the rice, I instead added the cauliflower rice. I sauted it as I normally would. The only difference was the lack of rice and cayenne pepper.

I served my Paleo Dirty Rice with a side salad of arugula, peeled cucumber, and half an avocado.  The faux Dirty Rice wasn't bad. It certainly wasn't as good as the real thing. Next time, I think I'll add a little more bacon fat. I think it would taste better with some organic chicken gizzards. But, boy, are those hard to come by. I've been searching online and everywhere, trying to find them. Cayenne pepper would have helped,too.  I'll keep trying until I perfect it. Then, I'll share the recipe with all my Cajun food lovers.

After dinner, I settled into the sofa to write this blog. When done, I think I'll head to bed early. I have to be up early tomorrow morning. Ugh!

Today was not so good. Losing sleep last night did not help. It's not that I felt sick. I just didn't feel as good as I have been. I give it a big thumbs down! Boo hiss!

Hopefully, tomorrow is a better day. I have to prepare food to bring with me to the retreat. There is always a ton of food at these functions. I know I can have none of it! I can't even eat the dish that I'm slated to bring to pass. Now, that stinks! Whatever, I'll just have my lettuce wraps, I guess.

Once again, this blog is to share the real ups and downs of the detox process. I keep it real for y'all. If I'm having a bad day, your going to know about it. Likewise, if I'm having a good, "lollipops and unicorns" day. When you're trying to heal, you have to take the good with the bad. If someone tells you they were healed in a day, they are FULL OF IT! It doesn't work that way. You have to make an effort.

If you are ready to start healing, do it! The sooner you start,the sooner you can get this detox phase over with. And, if you need someone to encourage you when things get rough, email me or comment below. I'll be right there with you! Tmoperillo@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment