Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fighting The Wolf Inside Me

 
I truly wanted to be blogging about how great I was feeling. After feeling well for so many days while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox, I thought I was on the road to recovery.  Afterward, I got cocky.  I began adding foods back into my diet I hadn't allowed myself while following the program. First, I added fruits and nuts.  Then, I added raw, goat, and sheep dairy products, mainly cheeses.  I, then, became really bold, and added cooked tomato sauce and eggs.

Boy, am I paying for it now!

Most of my symptoms have returned, with a vengeance!  Argh!

I decided, it's time to bring out the BIG GUNS!

I have been a fan of Dr. Sarah Ballantyne's blog, The Paleo Mom, for quite some time.  Her blog is filled with helpful tips, recipes, and scientific research dealing with autoimmune disease.  She is not just a scientist. She, also, has one of the autoimmune diseases I suffer from, lichen planus.  She knows what she's talking about.  When I saw she had just written a book,  The Paleo Approach. I immediately ordered it on Amazon.  I received it on Thurseday, just in time.


Being that I was feeling so awful, I plunged into reading it immediately.  By the time I finished reading the first chapter, I was in complete AWE.  The science and research she provides is nothing short of astounding.  Due to her writings, I have been able to deduce the exact sequence of events that caused my latest lupus flare.  I have also discovered that I had previously been diagnosed with two autoimmune disorders, I didn't even know were autoimmune in nature, vitiligo and restless leg syndrome.  Why didn't I know?  Because my doctors NEVER told me they were!

I am, now on Chapter Three.  I'm hoping to finish reading the entire book by tomorrow, Sunday night.  I am eager to start implementing The Paleo Approach, as soon as Monday.  I will do a thorough review of The Paleo Approach next week. I can't imagine, based on what I've read so far, that it will be anything less than glowing.  It already seems to be the "Big Guns", I was searching for!

Starting next week,  I will be moving my autoimmune and paleo chronicles to a different blog. I'll have all the details, once I have everything up and running.   Fact is, I started this blog to write about homesteading and sustainable living.  Then, I was diagnosed with lupus and lichen planus.  I started posting about my struggles with these autoimmune disease, and it kind of took over.  So, rather than try to split the information between my healing and homesteading, I'm going to give them each their own space.  That way, you can choose the topic you're most interested in reading about. Of course, you're welcome to read both.

So, next week, I will have my review of The Paleo Approach, and information on the new blog.  

Until then, goodnight and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment