Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Back On The Sugar Detox!


Well, I said I'd have a decision by today. And, I do.  I'm going back on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.  I've spent the last couple of days spiraling downward in my health.  This has made my decision very easy.

The only foods I had added back to my diet were fruits, pecans, almonds, dark chocolate, and raw dairy.  I think the natural sugars in the fruit have cause my Candida to act up.  I noticed the dark chocolate had not only sugar in it, but also, soy lecithin ( which can cause allergic reactions in some people). And, although I thought I could get away with eating raw dairy products, it appears that is not so.  It does seem, however, I can tolerate goat and sheep milk products.  The nuts don't seem to cause a reaction either, thankfully.

So, tomorrow, I am starting The 21-Day Sugar Detox again.  I didn't want to start today because I had to juice the rest of my fruits, so I wouldn't waste them.  My husband agreed to eat the bananas.  I also needed to restock my grass-fed meats, organic chicken, and veggies for the week.  My shopping trip led to an awkward accident with a shopping cart which you can read about in my post on Facebook.

For this go-round of The 21-Day Sugar Detox, I'm doing level 3 again. But, I'm not doing all of the Autoimmune modifications.  I'm going to allow myself egg yolks, pecans, almonds, sheep and goat dairy, and cooked tomatoes.  If any of these foods cause a reaction, they're out.

Sometimes, the journey to healing takes longer than we hoped.  This can be extremely discouraging.  But, the key is to pick yourself up and do, what you know in your heart, is right. I know now that it's going to take longer to reintroduce foods into my system.  Bottom line is, I was on the right track.  I felt much better than I had in a long time. In reality, The 21-Day Sugar Detox could turn into the 365-day sugar detox.  Or, it could even be the lifetime sugar detox. It's okay. I'll do it as long as is necessary.

I'll fill you all in, as I go along. I'm not going to post updates every day because, who knows how long I'll be doing this detox thang.  Plus, I have so much stuff I want to share with y'all.  Like, did you check out the photo above, of my Super Bowl spread? It was so awesome. I had slow cooker Asian style wings, lettuce cup nachos, and Paleo chicken strips. Yum!  For dessert, I made paleo brownies and frozen banana, mint chocolate chip "ice cream".  Dessert was terrible!  It proved, not everything can be made paleo. Blech!

Besides going back on the detox, I've been creating new pieces for my Etsy shop.  I just love when I get to be creative!  My new line is the Wicked Collection, which is a little more Victorian gothic.  And, I added a couple of vintage pieces, too.  You can see them at Boho and Mo.

Even with so much going on, I still always have time for your comments and emails. Let me know if you have any questions, or want me to cover a specific topic. 

Goodnight and God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment