Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Time To Heal!



Well, I just came home after my trip to New Orleans, visiting my newborn nephew, Grayson. He's absolutely perfect! It's always so refreshing to spend time with a precious new life. It definitely did my spirit good.

Now that I'm home, it's time for me to deal with the realities of my health. A few days before I left for New Orleans, I received the diagnosis of lupus. As if that weren't enough, I'm also dealing with gluten sensitivity and IBD. Oh, and I forgot to mention the fibroids. Basically, every test my doctors ordered found damage to the organ tested.

The next step, for them, was to put me on a drug cocktail consisting of NSAIDS, Corticosteroids, fiber laxatives, Tagamet, and synthetic hormones. Now, I do enjoy a good cocktail here and there, don't get me wrong. But, reading the side effects for these drugs convinced me that they were more dangerous than the diseases they were to treat.

This research led me to my decision to refuse my doctors' treatments. None of them welcomed my decision to go with alternative treatment. I was immediately left on my own, to cure myself. In fact, when I called my GP to report my hair was falling out by the handful, she had her nurse call me back referring me to another doctor. Okay!

I am now researching which alternative treatments I will utilize. I have already placed myself on a gluten free regimen. I have begun a vitamin, mineral, and herbal supplementation program as well.

I will continue to blog,with detailed information, on the alternative treatments I employ in my quest for a cure. I'll let you know which work to relieve symptoms, as well as, those that don't. I'm going to use myself as a guinea pig.

It is time to heal!


My nephew, Grayson. Isn't he adorable!
If you've healed yourself using alternative treatments, I would love to get your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment