Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

Paleo-A-Go-Go!

My veggie and fruit bin is full!

My, things sure do change quickly around here! After getting completely abandoned by my GP, I have immersed myself in research, looking for a cure for all that ails me.  I have also consulted with a Naturapathic Doctor to further my studies. We have come to the agreement that my lupus requires a very thoughtful plan which combines herbal, vitamin, homeopathic, diet, and stress reducing therapies.

My current diet of gluten free foods is not restrictive enough.  I am to now follow a paleo food plan which totally restricts grains of any sort. You can find tons of information online; so, I will spare you the long description. I also have to eliminate citrus ( Boo!) and vegetables in the nightshade category 
( potatoes, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, etc.). Don't worry about the lemons and oranges in the photo. I use them for cleaning only now. The citrus is bad for my stomach ulcer and hernia because they're much too acidic.  The nightshade veggies can affect my joints by causing further inflammation.
Great, and right before the holidays!

Luckily for me, there are tons of Thanksgiving Paleo recipes online and for sale as ebooks and PDFs. I will be doing a review of a few of them this weekend. I'm going to blog about them next week, probably Monday.

Since I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my home, I will have control over what I cook. I've decided to make paleo versions of my favorite foods, Sweet Potato Crunch, Pecan Pie and Green Bean Cassarole. For my family, I will make the traditional versions of their favorites. My Mother-in-law is bringing the pies, thankfully.  I'm glad I'll be the only one eating the paleo versions, in case they don't turn out so well!

As for the changes to my herbal and vitamin plan, I have upgraded my vitamins to the Melaleuca Vitality Total.  These are, by far, the best vitamins I have ever taken. The Total pack adds supplements for eyesight, joint care, and hormone support.  I have already noticed a difference in my hip and knee pain.  The pain had gotten so bad, it was difficult for me to walk.  These vitamins are not cheap; but, the relief they give is worth every penny.  If you'd like to know how to purchase your own, email me at tmoperillo@gmail.com. I'll hook you up. I'm also taking Cat's Claw, to reduce inflammation, and Paul d'Arco, to cleanse my blood.  I drink 1/2 cup of aloe vera juice everyday, mixed into my fresh fruit and vegetable juice.  Oh, and let's not forget about my fish oil supplements.

We will continue to add various remedies as I need them. Cleaning out my beauty and personal care items was a vital part of my wellness. I am only using the purest, organic products. Successfully, I've been using Organic Coconut Oil as a body moisturizer for my skin rashes.  I will be blogging recipes for my favorite concoctions soon, along with a resource list of where to find the best ingredients.

So, there is much more to come as I maneuver my way around lupus world. I won't go down without a fight! It's ON!

Have you checked out my Pinterest boards yet? I pin lots of fabulous recipes ( gluten free, paleo, and regular), herbal info, alternative health articles, diy ideas, and just some funny stuff.  Www.pinterest.com/bohoandmo 

Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for daily updates on all that is Boho and Mo.  Www.facebook.com/bohoandmo 

And, I've just updated our website for fall! Www.BohoandMo.com

Grass Fed Beef for my new Paleo plan.
Fridge is fully stocked with organic veggies!


No comments:

Post a Comment