Search This Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Why I Fight Against Toxins


By now, if you've been reading this blog, you know the story of how Boho influenced my starting this blog and going public with information on removing toxins from your lives.  After much soul-searching, I have come to the decision to share my story.  I hesitated for awhile because I really didn't want to make this blog all about ME, ME, ME.  However, after my fourth doctor's visit in two weeks time, I came to the realization that maybe there were others out there who are going through the same troubles I am.  Perhaps, if I share my experiences, I can help more people than if I just keep silent.  So, here goes it.
Two weeks ago, my doctor determined the symptoms I am experiencing is likely due to an autoimmune disorder.  She is now in the process of determining which disorder or combination of disorders it is.  Each new symptom is a key or marker to which specific disorder I have.  Currently, I have markers for five of them.  So far, I have had attacks to my skin, reproductive system, and gastrointestinal system.  The next month of my life will be spent being poked and prodded to find an answer.  At one point, I will basically be set up like a rotisserie chicken.  I apologize for the mental image of that one.
Now, I'm not looking for sympathy.  The reason I'm writing this is to help anyone who may be dealing with this right now or has in the past.  Like most women, I ignored my own symptoms early on because I was busy caring for everyone else.  Then, when I would go to a doctor with a complaint, they would fail to take me seriously.  I can't tell you how many times I received a simple diagnosis of reflux and was sent away with the latest prescription.  Or, they would do a simple blood test and as long as everything was in the usual parameters, or only slightly high or low, dismiss me without another look. I'm not trying to bash doctors here.  I'm merely saying to keep searching until you find a doctor willing to listen to you and take you seriously.  I've been suffering with these symptoms for years.  Only now, when everything is going haywire at once, did I find a doctor with the answers. I understand this may be hard for some people.  I am very lucky to have health insurance.  I pray for those of you who do not.
Now, I've already started to hear the comments and questions, "How can someone who lives so healthy and green be so unhealthy?  Why bother if I'm just going to end up sick anyway?  See, that natural stuff doesn't work!". And, to that, I say "Shuttie!" To answer the question #1, I didn't come out of the womb being green,   autoimmune disorders are thought by many to be caused by environmental pollutants and there are over 100,000 synthetic chemicals in commerce today, surrounding us in a toxic haze. To question #2, I say that if everyone stopped using all the toxic chemicals, maybe none of us would have to be sick again.  If we send a message to companies that we are not going to use their products or eat their food unless they remove carcinogens, we could create a world that's safer and healthier for future generations. They may not have to suffer the skyrocketing numbers of autoimmune disease, cancer, ADHD, autism, etc. that we've had to endure. And, lastly to comment #3, I answer, just because something is natural, that doesn't mean it's guaranteed to make you healthy.  Just like, if you take a certain medication prescribed by your doctor, it's not guaranteed to cure what ails you.  But, since it's the toxic crap that made me sick to begin with, I think I'm going to give the natural stuff a chance.
Before I start to bore you, I'll wrap this up.  I will continue to provide you with updates on my condition and the latest information on alternative health and wellness.  I promise to keep up the fight against chemicals and toxins.  I will continue to research alternative therapies and report on my findings.
In the meanwhile, don't worry about me.  I have my faith in God to see me through.  I know everything happens for a reason.  I think God just wants me to work harder so I can help more people.  Because, after all, that's why I do what I do.  That is why I fight against toxins.

No comments:

Post a Comment