Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Wrapup!

 Boho waiting for Santa

Well, it's been a hectic week in our household! We've been through snow storms, frigid temperatures, car problems, gift shopping and wrapping, and various trips to the Post Office! I'm sure everyone is a bit frazzled by now.


It occurred to me after I took this photograph, the reason so many people out here are cranky this time of year.  For pretty much three months or more out of the year, our world goes completely black and white for days on end. I believe this was on day five!  While watching the Canadian geese feed in my backyard, I realized that there was NO color. Even the geese are black and gray! 


So, to cheer us all up, I lit the Christmas tree and put Boho in her cute pink pajamas. I,then, started baking grain free treats. We all enjoyed a nice, warm fire while sipping hot cocoa. Later, we cuddled up in bed and fell asleep.


The next morning, we awoke to sunshine! The color had returned, even if just for a day!

Remember, the darkness only lasts for a short time.  The light will always come back!





No comments:

Post a Comment