Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Dangers of Household Products

A seven month old baby died on August 9th after ingesting a detergent pod.  If his death is found to have been caused by the pod, it will be the first.  However, it is worth noting that 5,753 US children (5 years or younger) have been sickened by eating detergent pods this year alone. This is according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
This is my motivation for doing what I do.  How many children have to suffer before we wake up and change our ways?  There are alternatives out there to using these toxic chemicals around our children and pets.  I would be happy to introduce you to companies that produce safe, non-toxic products.
I know most of us think we're being careful by placing cleaning products out of children's reach. But, why do we need these toxic products in our home to begin with?  You know how kids can get into things they shouldn't. 
I implore you to at least look into other options.  Check out my website for more information,  

Poison Control Center, National number 800-222-1222

No comments:

Post a Comment